A place to share my writing as it happens.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Home goes too.

We sailed out of the northeast with hopes set high, smiles that reached from ear to ear as we pounded down highway, mile after mile.
We reached Lubbock still rolling, or at least my wheels were. New Mexico seemed so close!
And then it began to seem so far away.
By the time the news came back that our tax return had been filed with my last named misspelled as STARnroft and was now tied up somewhere in the hovering cloud of tax return checks, my wheels had already slowed down considerably. The friend that we were visiting was leaving town for two weeks, his sweet dog Aslan needed a sitter, and we needed somewhere to stay until the beginning of August when we would need to head back for previously scheduled family vacations. It's a matter of perspective, but I'd like to think that while He may laugh at our plans, He always provides.
New Mexico is waiting patiently for us until September, or rather us for it, when traveling and cruises and camping is over. We had to leave a lot behind in this moving process, but I realized there are some things you always take with you. Music and love and talks and even smells. Home goes too, you just have to make space for it where you can. I've been finding it in the cradle of one man's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment